Buhari not unconcerned over soldiers murder of 3 policemen, escape of alleged kidnapper —Presidency

49
259

Read and comment

The Presidency has debunked insinuations that President Muhammadu Buhari was indifferent to the recent incident in Taraba state where soldiers allegedly killed three policemen and a civilian just to set a notorious kidnapper free.

 

The alleged kidnapper, Alhaji Hamisu Bala Wadume, was said to have been arrested by the police officers before the soldiers attacked, killed the officers and allowed the kidnapper to escape.

 

Some Nigerians had, since the incident, attacked Buhari, accusing him of being unconcerned over the matter.

 

But responding via a tweet on his twitter handle on Monday, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, denied that Buhari had been unconcerned over the matter. He called on Nigerians to exercise patience while the President awaits report of a panel set up on the matter from the Chief of Defence Staff.

 

He said, “In response to press questions, I will confirm that a committee was set up during the National Security Council meeting led to investigate the killing of three policemen and a civilian by soldiers in Taraba State.

 

“The insinuation of indifference on the part of President Muhammadu Buhari is therefore untenable.

 

“Contrary to those mischievous insinuations, President Buhari had ordered the Chief of Defence Staff to set up an investigation committee with representatives from all the security organizations in the country, including the police force.

“The President is not indifferent to the unfortunate incident, and would take decisive action as soon as the report of the panel is submitted to him. He is following due process and procedure. Putting the cart before the horse is not President Buhari’s way of doing things.

 

“Nigerians should show patience while the President awaits the report of the panel from the Chief of Defence Staff.”

49 COMMENTS

Comments are closed.